[Sugar-devel] Read Activity on Fedora 14 / SoaS v4

Lucian Branescu lucian.branescu at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 16:34:01 EDT 2010

On 28 September 2010 21:26, Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de> wrote:
> On 09/28/2010 10:14 PM, Sascha Silbe wrote:
>>
>> Excerpts from Simon Schampijer's message of Tue Sep 28 21:00:22 +0200
>> 2010:
>>
>>> Ok, Lucian just explained me the rationale behind the Fedora version.
>>> Version 79 is coming from the evince-2-30 branch [1]. And the bundle is
>>> from his personal repository [2].
>>
>> Can somebody merge that in mainline and release it, please? Otherwise
>> Read on distros other than Fedora will remain broken, as will Read in
>> sugar-jhbuild.
>>
>> Sascha
>
> Lucian said that the work has not been completed. Lucian can you comment
> what is missing? If you can not do it maybe someone else can go for it.
>
> Regards,
>   Simon

Epub support is not complete, you can see epubs, but none of the
toolbars work. The old Read had a wrapper built around pywebkitgtk
that exposed an API similar to libevview <2.28. Because the API of
libevview >=2.30 is so different, I didn't get around to porting the
webkit wrapper. In fact, I'm not even sure it's a good idea.

Also, my work was on a somewhat old Read. I was hoping Read's
maintainer would use my branch to port mainline, with whatever design
for the epub view the maintainer considered a good idea.