[Sugar-devel] Sugar-devel Digest, Vol 23, Issue 121

Manusheel Gupta manu at laptop.org
Tue Sep 28 08:02:36 EDT 2010

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 10
> Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 06:46:00 -0400
> From: Steven Parrish <smparrish at gmail.com>
> Subject: [Sugar-devel] Introduction
> To: iaep at lists.sugarlabs.org, sugar-devel at lists.sugarlabs.org,
>        devel at lists.laptop.org
>
> Some of you may have already heard that I have accepted a position
> with ActivityCentral to be the project manager for Dextrose. ?It feels
> like I have come full circle as I started out as a volunteer
> maintaining the "F11 for the XO-1" builds for the past 18 months.

Steven, glad to hear. Hope you have been doing well.

> That work was very rewarding and I was glad to see OLPC step in and
> release official builds based on my work. ?The "F11 for the XO-1" was
> also a starting point for the original Dextrose system, which Bernie
> Innocenti brought to fruition.
>
> Now we will be taking the original Dextrose and expanding upon it.
> Dextrose2 will be the result. ?Based on Fedora11 and Sugar 0.88 it
> will strive for stability, while providing deployments with a
> customizable product. ?I have already started creating builds for the
> new system with additional language support, and they can be found at
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Dextrose . ?The builds will be for both
> the XO-1 and XO-1.5 and will be available both with Gnome and without.
>
> We have a team of developers at SEETA who will be working on this with
> us. ?Many of them are already known to the community and more will
> become known as they join the effort.
>
> I have already started going over the outstanding issues and know that
> with everyone's help we can make Dextrose the Premier system for XO
> deployments.
>
> The issues that need to be worked on can be found at:
>

> http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/query?status=accepted&status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&order=priority&col=id&col=summary&col=status&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone&col=component&keywords=$love

We have been working on the tickets under the sugar-love tag. 2 tickets per
SEETA developer have been assigned, which covers up all the tickets. Would
you like a list on who has been assigned which ticket. We have not change
the ticket owners at bug tracker.

Regards,

Manu