[Sugar-devel] Dextrose patch queue

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Mon Sep 27 18:31:51 EDT 2010

On 09/28/10 00:31, Bernie Innocenti wrote:
> If you know more, please update the editable version here:
>  http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Dextrose/TODO/Merge_Plan
>
> We currently carry a total of 102 patches. Of these, 46 have already
> been upstreamed, 47 are still unreviewed, unsubmitted or rejected
> and the remaining 9 have become obsolete or bitrotten for various
> reasons.

A few months ago I offered to maintain the sucrose-0.88 branch with the
intent was to backport the merged patches, release new tarballs and
rebase Dextrose on them to reduce the delta from upstream. Then I
realized that all this extra effort wouldn't buy us anything. As soon as
0.90 stabilizes, we could simply jump to it and drop all the upstreamed
patches. Since sucrose-0.88 has no active users other than Dextrose,
there's no point in maintaining it up to date.