[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] [ANNOUNCE] Sucrose 0.89.6 Development Release (Release Candidate)

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 10:12:44 EDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 3:06 PM, Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de> wrote:
> On 09/22/2010 03:49 PM, Peter Robinson wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 9:10 AM, Simon Schampijer<simon at schampijer.de>
>>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Dear Sugar Community,
>>>
>>> This is our development release number 6 in the development cycle [1]!
>>>
>>> This is our Release candidate!
>>>
>>> We now entered Hard Code Freeze. When the hard code freeze is in effect,
>>> each and every code change should be approved by the release team. Only
>>> critical fixes will be considered.
>>>
>>> To request approval send mail to sugar-devel at lists.sugarlabs.org,
>>> including the patch and a detailed description of the changes, the
>>> benefits and the risks. Approval will have to be granted by two members
>>> of the team.
>>>
>>> There will be a bug fix release at the end of October, so all the other
>>> bug fixes which are not considered for the release can go in there.
>>>
>>> Full release notes can be found at [2].
>>
>> Looking through the release notes I've not got all the latest versions
>> of Glucose and Fructose packaged up to the latest versions (just
>> updated eToys and Turtle Art).
>
> I have added the activities that announced a tarball. Thanks for packaging
> them up. I hope we will get some more. /me hints at the "Policy for
> activities for downstream inclusion" thread.

BTW the "not" should have read "now" :-) Basically i think we have (or
will have once they've passed testing) all the current releases of
fructose/glucose in F14.

>> A quick question.... eToys 4.1.2xxx has a sub package sugar-etoys.
>> What's the difference between that and etoys 116?
>
> It should be the same. sugar-etoys is the activity itself. AFAIR, gavin the
> packager did first have two packages and then went back of using one.

OK, cool. So I can continue to ignore the other one :-)

> Regards,
>   Simon
>
> PS: Once more, thanks for all your great and instant packaging work! That
> rocks!

No problems. I should have another contributor helping shortly to keep
the Activities up to date and to help out on some other testing from
my visit to FUDCon (it was a very fruitful visit from the SoaS point
of view (see email about Fedora QA as well).

Peter