[Sugar-devel] Unicode and input method menu in gtk inputs

Gonzalo Odiard godiard at sugarlabs.org
Wed Sep 22 07:58:22 EDT 2010

In all the gtk inputs we display in Sugar there are a menu when we the
options "Cut, Copy,Paste,Select all" and the Input method and unicode menu
menus.
The last two menus are optional and by default not showed  in Gnome.
You can use gconf to change the visibility of the menus
Gconf settings
/desktop/gnome/interface/show_unicode_menu
/desktop/gnome/interface/show_input_method_menu

I tried to change the values in gconf or in .gtkrc-2.0 or in
/etc/gtk-2.0/gtkrc but Sugar ignores the settings.
I have a simple pygtk test program with a entry. If I run it from the gnome
terminal doesn't show the menus, if I run it from Sugar Terminal show the
menus.

Anybody knows if this is a bug in the theme engine or where I set the menus
visibility?

--
Gonzalo Odiard
SugarLabs Argentina