[Sugar-devel] [SoaS] Policy for activities for downstream inclusion

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Tue Sep 21 03:53:54 EDT 2010

On 09/20/2010 11:10 PM, Sascha Silbe wrote:
> Excerpts from Simon Schampijer's message of Mon Sep 20 12:45:28 +0200 2010:
>
>>> Do you expect only developers of activities in Fructose to follow that
>>> process (documented on the Development Team/Release [1] page on the
>>> wiki) or others as well?
>>
>> Ideally all of them, as (a) there are not many activities in Fructose
>> and (b) concluding from this thread that the packagers would be happy
>> about it.
>
> Then we need to extend a.sl.o to host source tarballs as well. Right now
> activity developers need to either have a sunjammer account or abuse the
> wiki if they want to publish tarballs.

Yes, I think that the tarballs would fit there perfectly well. I think
we can live with the increased load of the storage demand for each
activity (please correct me if that is wrong). If I remember Aleksey
correctly, from a technical point of view this would not be a hard thing
to do.

>>> If the latter, we should start by documenting this requirement. I couldn't
>>> find any place in the wiki (that could do with some spring cleaning, BTW)
>>> explaining how to get your activity published at all, let alone how to
>>> please packagers.
>>
>> Absolutely, that should be documented. I leave this to the activity
>> maintainers and packagers to define that policy and adding a wiki page
>> for it - as those are the ones that need to follow it and request it.
>
> Let's hope the subject drew enough attention to make someone actually
> adjust the wiki.

Yes, and thanks for helping discussing this.

Regards,
    Simon