[Sugar-devel] Some questions concerning saving methods on sugar

Alberto Arruda de Oliveira alberto.a.oliv at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 21:39:13 EDT 2010

Hello,

I've been adapting an application to use as an activity, and I have some
questions about the way to save on sugar.

At first, I tried to just create a directory inside my Activity folder
especially made for saving files, but it did not work, because of the access
permissions to it, and, although we could simply manually change the folder
permission for writing on that folder, we would have to do it for every
single OLPC we installed our activity into and we didn't want that.

Then, we started trying with the journal. Everything was going fine, until
we discovered that another sugar activity, Scratch, implemented saving and
it's Activity directory with subdirectories related to each kind of Scratch
project. Also, Scratch's Activity directory has the same access permission
as any other sugar Activity installed.

So, my question is, does anyone knows how Scratch implements it's save /
journal? Keep in mind that we do know that there are other directories we
could use to save our files, but we would like to use our Activity directory
if possible.

Thanks in advance ( and sorry for any english mistakes :] ),

Alberto Arruda de Oliveira