[Sugar-devel] [SoaS] Policy for activities for downstream inclusion

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-reply-to-2010-3 at silbe.org
Mon Sep 20 17:10:52 EDT 2010

Excerpts from Simon Schampijer's message of Mon Sep 20 12:45:28 +0200 2010:

> > Do you expect only developers of activities in Fructose to follow that
> > process (documented on the Development Team/Release [1] page on the
> > wiki) or others as well?
>
> Ideally all of them, as (a) there are not many activities in Fructose
> and (b) concluding from this thread that the packagers would be happy
> about it.

Then we need to extend a.sl.o to host source tarballs as well. Right now
activity developers need to either have a sunjammer account or abuse the
wiki if they want to publish tarballs.

> > If the latter, we should start by documenting this requirement. I couldn't
> > find any place in the wiki (that could do with some spring cleaning, BTW)
> > explaining how to get your activity published at all, let alone how to
> > please packagers.
>
> Absolutely, that should be documented. I leave this to the activity
> maintainers and packagers to define that policy and adding a wiki page
> for it - as those are the ones that need to follow it and request it.

Let's hope the subject drew enough attention to make someone actually
adjust the wiki.

Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/