[Sugar-devel] What should system mood really mean? (forked from #2141 UNSP: Memory and CPU status indicator for the frame.)

ALEXANDER JONES (RIT Student) acj3840 at rit.edu
Wed Sep 15 14:02:01 EDT 2010

I was reading through these threads and suddenly had an idea. My dad has a
honda insight and on the display it shows a bar correlating to how well your
driving your car (efficiency wise). A pictures of it can be found here (
http://www.insightman.com/images/euro-5.jpg) and here (
http://www.insightman.com/images/Eco-Drive_01.jpg). basically, the car
displays green if your in the middle, light blue if you're in either of the
outer two bars, and dark blue if you're beyond those bars. perhaps we can
have some kind of bar like indicator that changes color and there is a
target color (probably green) that they're aiming for. the important part is
that they don't go past a certain color (probably red). The 'happy computer'
is poor because the user is basically targeting that threshold between happy
and sad, so in the beginning they're targeting to be as sad as possible
without actually being sad.

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 12:39 PM, Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff at gmail.com