[Sugar-devel] bugs-testing.sugarlabs.org confusing people

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-reply-to-2010-3 at silbe.org
Wed Sep 15 10:57:18 EDT 2010

Excerpts from Tomeu Vizoso's message of Wed Sep 15 10:43:43 +0200 2010:

[bugs-testing.sugarlabs.org]
> >> maybe we should remove this domain and/or put a big warning on the
> >> newticket page so people don't enter real bugs there.
> >
> > How do people get there in the first place?
>
> I don't have any information other than the thread at the testing mailing list.

Can you ask them, please? I am not on that list.

> > Do we mention it anywhere?
>
> Seems to be indexed by google, along with some bugmail coming from there.

Notifications get sent to the same mailing list as the production
instance uses and contain links to the tickets in the testing instance,
so it's only natural that Google picks them up. The question is: How do
humans get to arrive on the testing instance?

Modifying the pages would be possible, but comes at a cost. Currently
we can simply copy over anything from the production instance (in
particular the database which also contains the wiki pages) and thus
test in almost the same environment. The further we deviate from the
production instance, the more work we have to do for syncing both.

Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/
http://www.infra-silbe.de/