[Sugar-devel] a.sl.o as a central place for activities (was: Re: [SoaS] Policy for activities for downstream inclusion)

David Farning dfarning at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 08:45:10 EDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 5:02 AM, Sascha Silbe
<sascha-ml-reply-to-2010-3 at silbe.org> wrote:
> Excerpts from David Farning's message of Wed Sep 15 10:41:20 +0200 2010:
>
>> I took Simon's comment earlier in the the thread that we shouldn't use
>> git repos and instead us XO bundles as the weird part:(  To help
>> understand the .deb work flow:
>> 1. Select activities to include -- Use the Soas activities ( no need
>> to reinvent that wheel) + a few requested activities.
>> 2. Research activity -- Look up activity on ASLO to find latest
>> release and 'Homepage.'
>> 3. Find Tarball -- Poke around on
>> http://download.sugarlabs.org/sources/ for a recent tarball [...]
>
> Ideally a.sl.o would be the central place to find out more about an
> activity - including where to get the source code.
> As an activity author, I've been missing ways to include links to:

I have been looking into updating a.sl.o. Upstream is in the process
rebasing amo from cake-php to django. (
https://wiki.mozilla.org/AMO:Developers ) Zamboni (the code name for
the django rebase) is all ready in production, but only about a third
of amo has been rewritten.  As a result AMO is a hybrid of Zamboni and
Remora.  While it works for mozilla, this is not a can of worms we
want to open at Sugarlabs.  Zamboni should be completed at the end of
Q1 2011.

My suggestion is that we wait until Zamboni is complete, and we rebase
a.sl.o to Zamboni, before adding functionality to the current version.

david