[Sugar-devel] Question about upgrading from 802 to Dextrose

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-reply-to-2010-3 at silbe.org
Tue Sep 14 11:14:18 EDT 2010

Excerpts from Christoph Derndorfer's message of Mon Sep 13 18:45:22 +0200 2010:

> IIRC correctly those XO-1s are currently running 802 and now I was wondering
> whether there was a way to upgrade them to Dextrose without erasing the
> Journal (e.g. something like olpc-update but using Dextrose rather OLPC's
> 10.1.2).

If you have a USB stick or SD card, you could run Backup [1] and
Restore [2] prior to resp. after the reflash.

Sascha

[1] http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/addon/4326
[2] http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/addon/4327

--