[Sugar-devel] [Dextrose] Question about upgrading from 802 to Dextrose

Esteban Arias earias at plan.ceibal.edu.uy
Tue Sep 14 08:08:59 EDT 2010

Christoph! you can migrate datastore 0.82 to 0.88.

You need to remove the datastore content for 0.88.
(/home/olpc/.sugar/default/datastore/*)
And copy the directory "/home/olpc/.sugar/datastore/store" for 0.82 to this
path on 0.88
then restart.

2010/9/13 Martin Abente <mabente at paraguayeduca.org>

> We have not tried that yet, but dextrose provides a backup/restore to usb
> stick option that you might find useful.
>
> On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 18:45:22 +0200, Christoph Derndorfer
> <christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > as previously mentioned to Bernie I'm thinking about using the
> > international
> > spin of Dextrose on the 25 XO-1s that we're using in our Austrian pilot
> > project.
> >
> > IIRC correctly those XO-1s are currently running 802 and now I was
> > wondering
> > whether there was a way to upgrade them to Dextrose without erasing the
> > Journal (e.g. something like olpc-update but using Dextrose rather
> OLPC's
> > 10.1.2).
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Christoph

    Esteban Arias
    Investigación y Desarrollo - Plan Ceibal
    Avda. Italia 6201
    Montevideo - Uruguay.
    Tel.: 2601.57.73 Interno 2228
    E-mail : earias at plan.ceibal.edu.uy