[Sugar-devel] #2295 UNSP: Sugar 0.88 [Dextrose] not reporting all favourite connections to NetworkManager at startup

Franco Miceli fmiceli at plan.ceibal.edu.uy
Fri Sep 10 10:52:18 EDT 2010

Effectively by debugging both Sugar and NM I found that ListConnections
shows all of the favourite connections on connetions.cfg -Double checked
within sugar and in NM- but then NM doesn't pass them to
real_get_best_autoconnection.

So It's NM's fault, and doesn't involve Sugar.

I'll report this to NM list and open a ticket in their track.

Thanks for all your efforts to try to narrow this down.

Cheers

2010/9/9 James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org>

> On Thu, Sep 09, 2010 at 10:26:40AM +0200, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
> > If anybody wants to reproduce James' tests, I would recommend
> > redirecting dbus-monitor to a file and filtering afterwards the
> > unwanted events.
>
> Yes, that's an alternate method, but it doesn't prove execution of code
> in Sugar in response to events.  Instrumenting Sugar is fairly easy,
> although it does require a restart.
>
> --
> James Cameron
> http://quozl.linux.org.au/

Ing. Franco Miceli
CITS - Plan Ceibal - Investigación & Desarrollo
Av. Italia 6201 - Montevideo, Uruguay
CP: 11500
Tel: (598 2) 601 5773 int.: 2227