[Sugar-devel] #2295 UNSP: Sugar 0.88 [Dextrose] not reporting all favourite connections to NetworkManager at startup

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Wed Sep 8 08:41:35 EDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 13:42, Franco Miceli <fmiceli at plan.ceibal.edu.uy> wrote:
> For what I've been able to see load_wifi_connections collects all wifi
> connections from /home/olpc/.sugar/default/nm/connections.cfg. This function
> gets called by load_connections who gets called by get_settings.
>
> I think that the class NMSettings is where sugar communicates this to NM,
> but I don't seem to find a "main loop" that I can follow in order to
> determine what happens when the process starts for the first time.
>
> Could it  be that this first "connection culling" is not provided by Sugar,
> but in fact by other entity?
>
> Sorry that I can't be of much help, but I'm very new to python and am still
> trying to understand some of the basics.
>
> Please tell me what I can do to help in solving this, since I've made
> changes in the autoconnection feature for the XO in NM, and in order to get
> the algorithms working well I need to get reliable data of the favourite
> connections. So I'm very interested in getting this solved.

Hi Franco,

I'm not familiar with this part of Sugar, but if you can check if this
is the method that NM calls at startup to retrieve the available
connections, we may get a step closer:

http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/sugar/repos/nops/blobs/master/src/jarabe/model/network.py#line354

Regards,

Tomeu