[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] giving feedback when a transfer finishes (was Re: #2111 NORM: File Transfer don't work: the transfer never finish)

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Tue Sep 7 04:31:48 EDT 2010

On 09/06/2010 03:30 PM, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Daniel from Uruguay has valuable feedback about the file transfer functionality.
>
> How can we make it clearer that a transfer has completed? Or maybe we
> don't need to show anything at all and just remove silently the icon
> from the frame?
>
> Regards,
>
> Tomeu

Hey,

fresh from the field: I did test the transferring today in my class. I
did not tell the kids to dismiss explicitly, none of them did. All the
rest (accept/decline) worked fine.

If there is no very good reason to have the dismiss, I would vote to
remove the icon once finished. Another indicator when finished is the
resulting entry in the Journal.

Regards,
    Simon