[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Home button in Browse

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-reply-to-2010-3 at silbe.org
Mon Sep 6 15:00:31 EDT 2010

Excerpts from chm's message of Mon Sep 06 18:51:56 +0200 2010:

> > FWIW you can hold<Alt>  while clicking on the activity to start a new
> > instance instead of resuming the most recent one.
>
> Thanks for the tip.  The resume sessions by default
> seems to work better for me when the Activity does
> not have multiple types of sessions so I usually
> want to continue.  That is definitely not the case
> with Browse as I usually want the clean start and
> will select another session if I know I am going
> back to previous work...

We had some ideas on how to improve this during the last design meeting
(quite some time ago), but unfortunately nobody got around to doing any
detailed mock-up yet. Help with this would be very welcome.

Basically we considered doing an intermediate full-screen chooser after
clicking on an activity icon. It would offer both Start New and a
gallery of existing entries, similar to the (still not merged) grid
view in the Journal. Android or iPad (don't remember which) seems to
be doing something similar.

Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/