[Sugar-devel] git send-email (was: Re: Bug tracking Vs Patch review)

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Mon Sep 6 08:10:50 EDT 2010

On 06.09.2010, at 13:23, Sascha Silbe wrote:

> Excerpts from Bert Freudenberg's message of Fri Sep 03 00:06:23 +0200 2010:
>
>> Also, mail sent this way gets blocked, see below. I'll send it again using my regular mailer.
>
> There are two issues:
>
> 1. You are a second class internet citizen (dial-up), so you need to
>   relay your mails via a first class citizen (provider, e.g. your
>   ISP).
>
> 2. You haven't set up git-email correctly: user.email isn't set.
>   IIRC it should have told you that when sending.

Actually my mail address was set in git, and used correctly as you can see in the bounce report.

> It's falling back
>   to <account name>@<host name> which won't work on the majority of
>   boxes.

No, that's just sendmail, which doesn't know or respect the mail address given to git.

It's true I did not configure sendmail in that Linux machine. Instead it used a direct SMTP connection but was blocked by paranoid mail receivers.

- Bert -