[Sugar-devel] Alt + Tab issue on sugar-emulator

Dipankar Patro dipankar at seeta.in
Sun Sep 5 14:34:55 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I am working on the bug: http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/1520

I was unable to reproduce the bug because the 'Alt + Tab' function doesn't
work in Sugar on Ubuntu (Neither in emulator nor in Sugar-Session).
I had a discussion on this with Aleksey Lim. He suggested using the command
in Sugar-session 'metacity-message disable-keybindings' and then try the
combination 'Alt+Tab'. But unfortunately that also did not work out. (No
pop-up came)

The problem with sugar-emulator:
Somehow the native X sessions' priority is higher then Xephyr's. So even if
the function for 'Alt+Tab' is coded into Sugar. The emulator (on Xephyr)
still won't be able to catch that.

Aleksey suggested we have to disable the 'Alt+Tab' combination in
Sugar-Emulator.

It would be great to have some views and pointers on the above situation. Is
there any way we can implement the 'Alt + Tab' in Xephyr too?

Regards,
Dipankar