[Sugar-devel] [Dextrose] Stability stuff

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-reply-to-2010-2 at silbe.org
Fri Sep 3 04:20:01 EDT 2010

Excerpts from Bernie Innocenti's message of Fri Sep 03 01:46:02 +0200 2010:

> I thought almost all activities understood the protocol for quitting
> cleanly (probably a dbus message). You can test it by clicking Stop from
> the menu on the icons top of the frame. That wouldn't work without
> sending an IPC message of some kind (probably we use dbus because we
> can't stand to use established X11 standards to manage applications).

We simply use X11 to close the window:

In jarabe/view/palettes.py:

class CurrentActivityPalette(BasePalette):

    def __stop_activate_cb(self, menu_item):
        self._home_activity.get_window().close(1)

Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/
http://www.infra-silbe.de/