[Sugar-devel] Bug tracking Vs Patch review

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Sep 2 20:29:49 EDT 2010

Sascha Silbe wrote:
> Bernie wrote:
> > 1) On the submitter end:
> >     git commit -s
> >     git format-patch -1
> >     git send-email --to maintainer --cc list foo.patch
>
> In case the patch closes a bug in Trac, submitter includes the ticket
> reference in the subject.
>
> keyboard cpsection: don't choke on option group (SL#2022)

I'm in agreement with the proposal by Bernie and Sascha.

Regarding how to identify maintainers' patch submission preferences, I
suggest this could be added to a MAINTAINERS file in each repository.
While this information may be redundant, it would help new developers,
and would be maintained along with the source rather than in a separate
place.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/