[Sugar-devel] sugar broken in F14? (was Re: Bug tracking Vs Patch review)

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Thu Sep 2 04:44:35 EDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 16:18, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org> wrote:
> El Tue, 31-08-2010 a las 10:33 +0200, Tomeu Vizoso escribió:
>
>> > Regardless, we proceeded to
>> > release 0.89.5 tarballs that downstreams promptly turned into broken
>> > packages (tested on Fedora).
>>
>> You clearly had different results than me when testing on F14, have
>> you filed bugs or reported them in some place?
>
> What distro did you use? It also fails on Ubuntu and Fedora 13 according
> to other people on #sugar. Did you really hear about this for the first
> time for me?

I'm testing daily the Sugar 0.90 packages that Peter (big thanks!) is
doing on F14 and the tarballs that you see I'm making are intended to
fix issues I find there. I'm still updating, but as of yesterday Sugar
was starting correctly and I couldn't find any major issues.

I alone won't find all the issues so if you (and others) can file the
bugs you find, I will be able to fix them faster.

Thanks,

Tomeu