[Sugar-devel] broken playback in record and jukebox

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Fri Oct 29 01:58:04 EDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 01:41:56AM -0400, Erik Blankinship wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 9:47 PM, Erik Blankinship wrote:
> > >
> > > Is Automatic Power Management (My Settings, Power) enabled?
> >
> > Yes, it is on.
> >
> > > Does the power LED blink?
> >
> > Not that I have noticed.
>
> Anyone else have a suggestion where the bug might be?   Where are bugs
> like these filed now?   Is this OLPC or sugar?

I suggest the bug may be due to a conflict between Automatic Power
Management and the XV component of the X server.  Bugs like these are
reported on http://dev.laptop.org/ ... and nothing that you've said so
far makes me think the bug is specific to Sugar, so
devel at lists.laptop.org may be a more suitable mailing list.  Especially
once you've tested to see if Automatic Power Management being off fixes
the problem.

> Not being able to reliably unpause video seems like a bad bug to me.

It doesn't seem bad to me yet, it sounds quite normal, even though it
should be fixed.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/