[Sugar-devel] [ANNOUNCEMENT] Roadmap to OLPC 10.1.3 release

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Thu Oct 28 11:47:25 EDT 2010

Hi,

I am happy to announce the following:

=About=
There will be another Fedora 11 / Sugar 0.84 based release for the XO-1,
the XO-1.5 and the XO-1.5 HS (High School) laptop. This will be a bug
fix release that incorporates feedback from the field and from testers.

=Schedule=
The release is scheduled for the 15th of December 2010, a release
candidate will be available the 1. of December 2010.

=Builds=
The current builds for the XO-1 and XO-1.5 can be found at [1], new
builds will be announced on the lists. Changes are as well listed in the
announce file in the appropriate directory (e.g. see [2] for the current
351 build).

=Testing=
For feedback please use the olpc bug tracker [3]. The builds have debug
logs enabled during the development process (Sugar, activities and the
telepathy components), please attach them to the tickets accordingly.

=Team=
The OLPC Association team is providing the framework for this effort.
Martin is the link to the field, Sam our QA engineer, the activity
improvements are managed by Gonzalo and Simon is doing Sugar work and
builds.

=Known issues=
Currently doing an 'olpc-update' to update to the 10.1.3 build is not
yet possible, but we will have that fixed soon.

Regards,
    Simon

[1] http://build.laptop.org/10.1.3/
[2] http://build.laptop.org/10.1.3/xo-1/os351/announce