[Sugar-devel] an ardent proposal to bring *LOVE* back into Sugar Labs

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 08:24:45 EDT 2010

Would someone please translate this message into Spanish for the Sur
list? Gracias.

---

Further comment on Adam's ardent proposal to bring *LOVE* back into Sugar Labs:

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 1:42 AM, Holt <holt at laptop.org> wrote:
[snip]
> Yes, I'm paraphrasing, Walter please speak for yourself :)

While the deadlines for applying to be a candidate and for receiving a
ballot had been posted to the wiki and mailing lists, there has been
some confusion about the dates of the election itself. The Oversight
Board had been under the impression that it was to be held in October.
The Election Committee was planning on holding it in November.

* Arguably, there has been inadequate communication to the community
about many aspects of the election and certainly there has not been an
aggressive get-out-the-vote campaign.
* Further, we have one additional opening on the Oversight Board due
to Tomeu's departure.

For both of these reasons, the Oversight Board recommends extending
the period of registering as a candidate and registering as a member
(in order to be eligible to vote in the election) until then end of
the day (EST), 1 November 2010. The Election Committee has agreed to
these changes conditional on (1) we also delay the election itself for
two weeks in order to provide sufficient time to prepare the ballots;
and (2) there is consensus among the community regarding these
changes.

To sum up, unless there is push-back from the community:

* The election will be held from 14–20 November 2010. Ballots will be
sent by email to all Sugar Labs members.
* To be eligible for voting in this election, you must become a member
of Sugar Labs by 1 November 2010. Send email to members at sugarlabs.org
in order to added to our membership list.
* You may still 'throw your hat into the ring' by adding your name to
the candidates list in the wiki
[http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Oversight_Board/2010-2011-candidates] or
by sending email to me or Luke (chair of the Election Committee) by 1
November 2010.

[snip]

Make your voice heard: become a member; become a candidate; vote.

-walter

---
Walter Bender
Sugar Labs