[Sugar-devel] Development Meetings

Michael Stone michael at laptop.org
Wed Oct 27 22:11:22 EDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 16:51:00 +0000 Aleksey Lim wrote:
> These are good questions. I personally think that having more formalized
> ML discussion (to take core team decisions) will be a huge plus (it is
> impossible to take any decision only during a meeting) and not only for
> people who prefer email to IRC.
>
> Does anyone have ready to use recipes?

Yes, several. Three outlines that come to mind immediately are:

   1. parliamentary procedure, which James brought up implicitly in his
      comment when he mentioned the words "motions" and "deliberative assembly".
      (See "Robert's Rules".)

   2. consensus, e.g. as exemplified in the IETF processes, which I brought up
      when I mentioned "RFCs". (See RFC 2026.)

   3. dictatorship/oligarchy. (See LKML.)

Which are you interested in recipes for?

Michael