[Sugar-devel] Re-initiate Packaging Team

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu Oct 21 10:28:18 EDT 2010

On 21.10.2010, at 04:59, Aleksey Lim wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 11:26:49AM +0000, Aleksey Lim wrote:

>>> Bazaar in Hindi refers to market. Suspect that many people would confuse it
>>> with the marketing team :-)
>>
>> Though "Bazaar" is referring more to "The Cathedral and the Bazaar" in
>> FOSS world (afaik) rather to marketing (which sounds, in some meaning, quite
>> opposite thing :).
>>
>> What about "Sweet Team" then, i.e., "sweet" is an id of packages on
>> bazaar.sl.o and "sweets" is the main command-line tool.
>
> Of course it might be something neutral like "Distribution Team".

Working with distro packagers is really important. Getting Sugar to work on distros that do not have current Sugar packages is important, too. And running Sugar in emulation on Macs and Windows machines should also be part of the "Let people start sugar in any environment" mission. Possibly "platform team" would be more appropriate?

- Bert -