[Sugar-devel] Re-initiate Packaging Team

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Thu Oct 21 07:44:27 EDT 2010

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 11:26:49AM +0000, Aleksey Lim wrote:
>On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 04:31:49PM +0530, Manusheel Gupta wrote:
>> On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 4:13 PM, Aleksey Lim <alsroot at member.fsf.org>
>> wrote:

>> > Well, I personally prefer something less official/corporate, e.g.,
>> > Bazaar Team :)
>> >

>> Bazaar in Hindi refers to market. Suspect that many people would
>> confuse it with the marketing team :-)
>
>Though "Bazaar" is referring more to "The Cathedral and the Bazaar" in
>FOSS world (afaik) rather to marketing (which sounds, in some meaning,
>quite opposite thing :).

Not opposite, IMO:

"The Cathedral and the Bazaar" was written by Eric Raymond, who, I
believe, is also a strong proponent of the term "Open Source" as opposed
to "Free Software".  In other words, the term was coined by a liberal
(not a Freedom fighter), and the text is very much about business models
and marketing as I recall.

  - Jonas