[Sugar-devel] Record activity. Adjusting the input level.

Gary Martin garycmartin at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 21 07:46:48 EDT 2010

On 20 Oct 2010, at 22:00, "tom.staubitz at fhtw-berlin.de" <tom.staubitz at fhtw-berlin.de> wrote:

> On Oct 20, 2010, at 8:23 PM, Gary Martin wrote:
>
>> Hi Tom,
>>
>> On 19 Oct 2010, at 17:45, tom.staubitz at fhtw-berlin.de wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Gary,
>>> thanks for the hint.
>>> This could be a great workaround, but...
>>> See here:
>>> http://www.flatlandfarm.de/blog/?p=41
>>
>> Hmmm, well, it was worth a try – interesting to read about the current XO-1.5 kernel issue dropping down the volume by 3-4dB, hadn't seen that issue mentioned before.
>
> Definitely, your idea was great. Is there any chance to get Measure as it is implemented on the XO-1.5 running on the XO-1(with a reasonable effort)?
> This actually would solve the problem, at least for the workshop where I'd like to use it.
> It would be so much cooler if the kids could actually see what they are doing than just poking around.

Could you check what versions of Measure are being used on the two machines just in case they are running different versions? Activity version numbers can be seen in the home list view. Measure-31 is the current release:

    http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/addon/4197

Could you also confirm the build & Sugar release running on each machine? These are shown on the My Settings control panel, in About my Computer.

If your running the same version of Measure on each, and both XO-1 and XO-1.5 are running the recent os852 (AKA 10.1.2) builds then it would point to some additional driver/kernel/hardware difference between the two XO builds causing the effect.

Regards,
--Gary