[Sugar-devel] Dbus signal when ebook switch is activated

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-reply-to-2010-3 at silbe.org
Thu Oct 14 15:43:58 EDT 2010

Excerpts from Gonzalo Odiard's message of Thu Oct 14 20:29:30 +0200 2010:

[ebook switch]
> It's a very specific XO thing ...

It isn't, but at least until recently it was rather unusual for devices
capable of running Gnome.

> I probably don't are explaining well what I need.

Looks like it. What I am missing is some background information:
What do you want to achieve?
Which components do you intend to modify?
Which systems (distro version etc.) do you target?

> I am reading the event with dbus, it's working. I think it's the wright way
> to do this today.

As you have shown yourself, it isn't working as you're getting incorrect
values. Whether trying to fix an obsolete piece of software is really
the right thing to do will depend on the answers to the questions above.

Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/
http://www.infra-silbe.de/