[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Read: focus after launching

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Wed Oct 13 06:45:09 EDT 2010

Hi,

when working on the issue in Read that the dpad keys do not work
directly when in ebook mode [1], I postulated that Read when it comes up
should always grab the focus on the view so scrolling using the arrow
keys is directly possible.

I looked around and when opening a new tab in Firefox, scrolling using
the error keys does work out of the box, in open-office and abiword not
(you can use for example a wheel of the mouse directly). In evince using
the arrow keys does work as well directly after launching.

What do others think about it? Maybe there are other ways of dealing
with this issue (we should probably look at the evince code what they do).

Regards,
    Simon

[1] http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/10396