[Sugar-devel] prerequisite skills for contributing code (was Re: [Dextrose] [PATCH v4 sugar] Pulsing icon delayed by 5 seconds or so SL#2080)
manu at seeta.in
Wed Oct 13 05:59:19 EDT 2010
On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 2:18 PM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 00:07, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org>
> > On Mon, 2010-10-11 at 18:23 -0300, Gonzalo Odiard wrote:
> >> In my experience, it's easier start resolving tickets in activities
> >> than in the plataform.
> >> That worked for me:
> >> * start writing a new activity: you can do stupid things, while learn
> >> python and the interaction with the platform.
> >> * try t resolve easy tickets in activities: there are many in
> >> http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ and http://dev.laptop.org/
> >> * next try to solve problems in Sugar.
> > I completely agree with you.
> This has been said several times to Seeta developers (and is valid for
> Manu, could you please explain what learning are doing Seeta
> developers before they try to submit a contribution?
Appreciate the feedback.
Sure, SEETA developers are going through the following training and patch
submission workflow -
1. Revision/learning of Python, PyGTK skills through algorithms and
2. Studying Sugar manual, and getting familiar with using the emulator and
3. James Simmon's guide on activity development (I do agree that this was
not done for initial developers. But, every new developer is asked to study
4. Patch workflow and documentation on code reviews;
5. Asking the team members to go through certain patches accepted upstream,
and submitted by Sascha, you and other team members;
6. Assignment of bugs and initial discussion with Aleksey and Bernie;
7. Submission of test patches in-house for peer review before submission to
sugar-devel/dextrose/usr mailing lists;
8. Final submission.
Wish if you could provide feedback, and let us know if we are missing on any
> > --
> > // Bernie Innocenti - http://codewiz.org/
> > \X/ Sugar Labs - http://sugarlabs.org/
> > _______________________________________________
> > Sugar-devel mailing list
> > Sugar-devel at lists.sugarlabs.org
> > http://lists.sugarlabs.org/listinfo/sugar-devel
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Sugar-devel