[Sugar-devel] annotation support in abiword (was Fwd: uwog - r29358 - in abiword/trunk: . plugins/collab/backends/service/xp plugins/collab/core/packet/xp plugins/collab/core/plugin/xp plugins/collab/core/session/xp plugins/opendocument plugins/o

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Wed Oct 13 04:40:36 EDT 2010

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 14:51, Gary Martin <garycmartin at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi Tomeu,
>
> On 11 Oct 2010, at 09:25, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> would be nice to add support for annotations in Write now that Abiword
>> supports it.
>
> True, but only if you promise that the Write UI will get easier to use and not more difficult ;) I think we're falling towards featureitus while not managing complexity. Same thing is happening to Calculate.

When I give a talk about Sugar, one of its main features is "Clarity".
The idea is to avoid saying "simplicity" because it may seem in
conflict with our goal of low floor, no ceiling.

I then explain that with clarity I mean that the features are layered
in such a way that it's clear to the user how to do what she wants to
do in each moment.

Regards,

Tomeu