[Sugar-devel] annotation support in abiword (was Fwd: uwog - r29358 - in abiword/trunk: . plugins/collab/backends/service/xp plugins/collab/core/packet/xp plugins/collab/core/plugin/xp plugins/collab/core/session/xp plugins/opendocument plugins/o

Martin Sevior msevior at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 21:36:05 EDT 2010

Hi Gary,

OK I just made a screenshot. You can download it from this location.

http://www.abisource.com/~msevior/AnnotationSS.jpg

The popup appears when you hover the mouse over the purple dotted line
which shows that region of text has an annotation. Sorry the gimp
removes the mouse marker when it takes the screenshot.

The whole UI has more features. You place an annotation by selecting
text and choosing "annotation" from either the "tools" menu or from
the right click contaxt menu. If you right click on the annotated
region you can pop up the annotation dialog which allows you alter the
annotation or replace the current text with the content of the
annotation.

To really see how the UI works though it is best to actually try it.
Most recent versions of linux carry abiword 2.8. Even Ubtuntu!
If you run windows you can download it from here.

http://www.abisource.com/download/

Cheers

Martin

PS. Yes I use AbiWord all the time in day job :-)