[Sugar-devel] Sugar-devel Digest, Vol 24, Issue 36 9Re: how to ask a question)

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 17:16:19 EDT 2010

On Sat, Oct 9, 2010 at 1:36 PM, Sebastian Silva
<sebastian at somosazucar.org> wrote:
> I've been thinking of proposing a question&answer forum (maybe a
> sugarlabs-branded shapado or similar instance
> (http://gitorious.org/shapado).
>
> This way we can have a user-supported  (and a support-team) multi language
> forum similar to http://shapado.com/ or http://stackoverflow.com/
>
> This way perhaps we could complement the "support gang".
> I agree the user experience for a mailing list is not optimal for simple
> questions.
>
> I offer to build/mantain it. Would be cool if others were interested in
> helping out.
> What do you think? Could Sugar Labs host it?

We could seed it with the long list of material we have been
accumulating in the ActivityTeam section of the wiki... (I wonder,
would there be some way to build a cross-posting mechanism in, so the
wiki gets further populated with the more highly rated
questions/answers?)

-walter

--
Walter Bender