[Sugar-devel] Status of Read activity (was: Re: Read Activity on Fedora 14 / SoaS v4)

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-reply-to-2010-3 at silbe.org
Sat Oct 9 09:01:43 EDT 2010

Excerpts from Lucian Branescu's message of Tue Sep 28 22:34:01 +0200 2010:

> Epub support is not complete, you can see epubs, but none of the
> toolbars work. [...]

FWIW, I'd much rather see a working, but stripped-down Read upstream
and in all distros than a working, stripped-down one in Fedora and a
theoretically complete, but totally broken one everywhere else.

> Also, my work was on a somewhat old Read. I was hoping Read's
> maintainer would use my branch to port mainline, with whatever design
> for the epub view the maintainer considered a good idea.

Who is the Read maintainer these days? AUTHORS still says Sayamindu,
but AIUI he stopped working on Sugar stuff.

Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/
http://www.infra-silbe.de/