[Sugar-devel] changes in trac and others

Manusheel Gupta manu at seeta.in
Fri Oct 8 22:25:09 EDT 2010

Tomeu, Simon and Sascha,

Appreciate the feedback as always.

On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 1:31 PM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at sugarlabs.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 19:49, Sascha Silbe
> <sascha-ml-reply-to-2010-3 at silbe.org> wrote:
> > Excerpts from Frederick Grose's message of Mon Oct 04 18:09:18 +0200
> 2010:
> >
> >> The SEETA Developer: field might better be adjusted to Developer:, and
> we
> >> could use a convention to tag the developer's name, such as, [SEETA]
> Ishan
> >
> > What would be the difference between Owner and Developer then?
>
> My guess is that Seeta wants to track which of their developers may
> work in a particular issue in the future, without actually taking
> ownership of the issue. I interpret being the owner as "I'm working on
> this right now, so if you start working on it we may end up doing
> duplicated work".
>
> In any case, I think Seeta needs to explain what their intention was
> with this change, and the other organizations that are as well putting
> people to work on Sugar tickets are also welcome to do the same.

We don't have the access to change things at Trac. Also, it was neither our
intention nor our idea. I think Steven Parrish, Project Manager of Dextrose
at Activity Central, did it mistakenly, and he clarified it at IRC too.

Steven, can you clarify here for a wider Sugar audience, which didn't see
your message at #sugar IRC?

Regards,

Manu