[Sugar-devel] [Testing] Submitting test requests - some provisional instructions

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Fri Oct 8 13:11:06 EDT 2010

On 09/30/2010 12:53 AM, Tim McNamara wrote:
> I have created a page in the OLPC wiki for submitting test
> requests[1]. The reason I used wiki.laptop.org rather than wiki.sl.o
> was because that's where the NZ teams' presences are currently. A wiki
> page serves as a good place so that people don't need to sign into
> several services, etc. This process is subject to something else being
> adopted that works better for everyone. Please provide feedback on
> other suggestions.*
>
> If you would like something tested and reported on, please submit it
> to [1]. If you're short of time or whatever, feel free to send it to
> sugar-devel and I'll port the request over.
>
> I've created a small format for receiving test requests. Please
> include the following information:
>
>   * Test description
>       Either provide a test case and expected behaviour, a ticket (that
> includes replication instructions) that you think you've fixed, or
> just say [General].
>   * Required equipment
>       Indicate whether Internet connectivity is required, SoaS, XO-1,
> XO-1.5, virtual machine image, etc.
>   * Download location
>       Where we get the file to test. Direct links are best.
>
> Tim
>

> * I have discounted a few others, such a Google Forms. I would like to
> stick to free software.
>
> [1] http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_New_Zealand/Test_Requests

Hi Tim,

I was about to add a request for testing the 0.90-XO builds. But looks
like it is already filed at [1] :) Thanks for considering!

Btw, you can use the builds as well to test the latest Etoys version, it
is included. Known bugs in the builds can be found at [2].

Regards,
    Simon

[1] http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_New_Zealand/Test_Requests#Current_tests

[2]