[Sugar-devel] changes in trac and others

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Fri Oct 8 04:01:37 EDT 2010

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 19:49, Sascha Silbe
<sascha-ml-reply-to-2010-3 at silbe.org> wrote:
> Excerpts from Frederick Grose's message of Mon Oct 04 18:09:18 +0200 2010:
>
>> The SEETA Developer: field might better be adjusted to Developer:, and we
>> could use a convention to tag the developer's name, such as, [SEETA] Ishan
>
> What would be the difference between Owner and Developer then?

My guess is that Seeta wants to track which of their developers may
work in a particular issue in the future, without actually taking
ownership of the issue. I interpret being the owner as "I'm working on
this right now, so if you start working on it we may end up doing
duplicated work".

In any case, I think Seeta needs to explain what their intention was
with this change, and the other organizations that are as well putting
people to work on Sugar tickets are also welcome to do the same.

Regards,

Tomeu