[Sugar-devel] Ticket no #2210 words don't changed when language is changed

David Farning dfarning at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 14:08:34 EDT 2010

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 1:54 AM, Ishan Bansal <ishan at seeta.in> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am working on the ticket http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2210.
>
> To solve the above bug i am thinking of clearing the text in the text to be
> translate box when ever the language to be translated is being changed.
> Please provide suggestion on any better approach to deal with this bug.

Over the last month this list has seen a significant increase in
requests for pointers.

Asking questions is an healthy part of learning, but asking for
'pointers' is _not_ going to be particularly helpful.  It shifts the
effort to the person answering the question rather then the person
asking the question.  Effectively asking questions is an art.  Asking
question is so important that Eric Raymond, author of the Cathedral
and the Bazaar, has written and maintained an article about how to ask
questions the smart way at
http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html .

I strongly suggest reading the article.  The time spent learning how
to ask questions the smart way... and asking questions the smart way
will pay for itself very quickly.  Questions asked the smart way will
generally get quicker responses and better answers.

Two additional points
 -- If you are new to the list please clearly describe 1) What you
know, 2) What you don't know, 3) and what you think you have to learn
to solve your problem.  This provides the person answering the
question a sense of scope. The answer someone provides is based on the
knowledge and needs for the person asking the question.

-- Answer as many questions as you ask.

david