[Sugar-devel] Testing Problem using Fedora LiveUSB Creator (was: Schedule after Sugar 0.90.0 is released)

Art Hunkins abhunkin at uncg.edu
Thu Oct 7 11:25:10 EDT 2010

FWIW, I've been trying to give recent daily builds a test run - both to spot
problems in the projected 0.90 release and see how my own activities fare. I
download the x386 .iso and install it with Fedora LiveUSB Creator (v3.9 -
see further below) on my WinXP system. All goes along fine until I attempt
to boot my computer using the resultant USB stick. It won't boot. It gets to
a test screen with a SYSLINUX line at the top and a blinking dot on line 2,
and stays there.

Final SoaS builds boot fine via LiveUSB Creator, but to my knowledge, all
nightly SoaS builds I've tried have suffered the above fate. Is this
expected? Is there a (simple) alternative? (Is this a bug?)

Also (Luke), I've had to use v3.9 to make my SoaS sticks rather than v3.9.2.
The latter won't install on my XP machine; it complains about a
configuration error and suggests reinstalling (which I've done to no avail).
I've also uninstalled before reinstalling; nothing seems to help. Reverting
to v3.9, everything works fine.

Art Hunkins