[Sugar-devel] Testing 0.90 on an XO

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Tue Oct 5 10:29:10 EDT 2010

On 10/04/2010 05:22 PM, Simon Schampijer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been doing 0.90-F14 builds for the XO-1 and XO-1.5. You can grab
> the latest build from [1].
>
> I provide these builds that people that do have XO-hardware can start
> helping testing 0.90. So far, we did not have much testing yet. We just
> released 0.90.0 and want to do a bug fix release at the end of the month
> [2]. So testing and filing good bug reports is highly welcome.
>
> Please use these builds only for reporting back 0.90 issues. There are
> surely issues that are due to integration issues. Leave them for now.
>
> When you report bugs at [3] with these builds please set the Version to
> 0.90 and add the keyword olpc-0.90 to be able differentiate those bugs.
>
> A good first start would be to test the Features [4] that have landed in
> 0.90. Each page does contain a test case. As well the release notes at
> [5] might be of help. And of course, testing different languages and
> smoke tests of all different fashions are welcome.
>
> Regards,
>      Simon

I added the olpc-0.90 keyword to all the bugs that are present in the
builds [1]. Thanks to Tony Forster a few new ones could be identified.

If you have an XO one can can make sure that the latest
xorg-x11-drv-geode package does work fine for you and indicate that in
bodhi [2] that would be great - so the driver will get into the stable
repository.

The Final Change Deadline for Fedora 14 is the 18th of October [3].
Would be great to get as many bugs as possible present in Sugar 0.90 on
F14 fixed and pushed until then.

Thanks,
    Simon

[1]
http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/query?status=accepted&status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&order=priority&col=id&col=summary&col=status&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone&col=component&keywords=~olpc-0.90

[2]
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/xorg-x11-drv-geode-2.11.9-1.fc14?_csrf_token=fa12d11a38d93c2c6c1c817bd4390413b87db316

[3] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/14/Schedule