[Sugar-devel] Pointers required for SL#1742 (after adding a friend the palette doesn't change) ,

Anurag Chowdhury anurag at seeta.in
Fri Oct 1 14:06:33 EDT 2010

What I figured out for this bug is that the bug could be solved only if the
shell service has a D-Bus API for buddies. Untill then even the present
scenario of one time update during system restart has also been applied
through a hack place in sync_friends () in the jarabe.model.friends.pymodule
this bug will get wrapped itself when the said api for shell service will
get designed
then even this sync_friends function would be removed.

But I would need some pointers on how to create this dbus api for the
present scenario and how will that work through the process to solve this
defect.