[Sugar-devel] [Dextrose] Sugar UI Dictator

Christoph Derndorfer christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 08:29:17 EST 2010

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 7:37 AM, Michael Stone <michael at laptop.org> wrote:

> Maybe it would be help to identify a single dictator and lieutenants
>>

> Lieutenants are a good idea regardless.

On the topic of lieutenants I'd also like to add that it might make sense to
try and get people working in deployments to participate in that role.
Walter, Bernie, Daniel, and a few others seem to be in a good position to
know who one might ask here.

Personally I also feel that the decision process regarding the design of new
features and Sugar in general could be reworked to try and limit actual
decisions to the beginning of the 6-month release cycle. Having a specific
time-frame of let's say 2 to 4 weeks in which the core design-issues will be
discussed and decided upon could also make it easier to attract people to
fulfill the role of the friendly dictator or board. At the moment it seems
like there's not enough synchronization between the various design-related
efforts which then leads to many seperate ad-hoc decisions which aren't good
for the overall consistency of the platform.

Regarding the HIG I'd be happy to participate in some sort of sprint to
update it, maybe something to plan for the time between Christmas and New
Year's?

Anyway, thanks to Bernie for getting this discussion started and for
everyone's great input, I definitely think that things are moving into the
right direction.

Cheers,
Christoph

--