[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Extending activity microformat spec to include optional olpc_activity_size

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-reply-to-2010-3 at silbe.org
Sat Nov 20 03:28:16 EST 2010

Excerpts from Anish Mangal's message of Sat Nov 20 06:59:36 +0100 2010:

Let's keep the discussion exclusively on sugar-devel, please.
Cross-posting can cause thread fragmentation. I also don't see any
value in discussing all Dextrose-related technical decisions on two
lists in parallel.
I've adjusted Mail-Followup-To accordingly, so if you use a proper MUA
( ;) ) Reply-to-all should do The Right Thing (i.e. drop the Dextrose
list and me).

> Thus, I propose to include an optional 'olpc-activity-size' tag in the
> microformat specification, so as to rid the world of extra http
> requests. If anyone has any concerns or suggestions, please speak up
> :-)

How about adding checksums, too? That way you can verify file integrity
and even download it using bittorrent (if an sha1 checksum is included).
The format used by JHbuild seems like a good candidate:

sha256:87cd3f708cb3d330f6d74931fd7488784f45b0f467f14e2dc6fbdc9d3df97189

olpc-activity-checksum should be optional and allowed multiple times.

Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/
http://www.infra-silbe.de/