[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Messages notification

Martin Abente martin.abente.lahaye at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 08:40:34 EST 2010

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 10:23 AM, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 8:07 AM, Martin Abente
> <martin.abente.lahaye at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello again,
>
> [snip]
>
> > So far, I think this is the best idea we got :), but I guess it is
> important
> > to have the approval of other members, So please everyone take a look at
> [3]
> > and give us some feedback before my implementation gets to that point.
> >
> > 1. http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Messages_Notification
> > 2. http://people.sugarlabs.org/~tch/images/Screenshot-19.png<http://people.sugarlabs.org/%7Etch/images/Screenshot-19.png>
> > 3.
> >
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/File:Corner_notification_message_only_history.png
> >

> This is visually consistent with our other use of menus. Presumably
> the most recent message will pop up first and the rest of the list
> will appear after a delay?

Yes, also the notification protocol specifications defines an urgency level
that could modify the appearing order.

> Any reason not to have a single Journal entry that accumulates all the
> messages over time so that even if you clear the list, you have a
> record?

+1, even though I don't see the point of saving _all_ the messages
notifications, it would be great to have that option for each notification
individually (the user should save it explicitly if he finds it useful). It
would make sense for many scenarios.