[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Messages notification

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 08:23:49 EST 2010

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 8:07 AM, Martin Abente
<martin.abente.lahaye at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello again,

[snip]

> So far, I think this is the best idea we got :), but I guess it is important
> to have the approval of other members, So please everyone take a look at [3]
> and give us some feedback before my implementation gets to that point.
>
> 1. http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Messages_Notification
> 2. http://people.sugarlabs.org/~tch/images/Screenshot-19.png
> 3.
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/File:Corner_notification_message_only_history.png

This is visually consistent with our other use of menus. Presumably
the most recent message will pop up first and the rest of the list
will appear after a delay?

Any reason not to have a single Journal entry that accumulates all the
messages over time so that even if you clear the list, you have a
record?

-walter

--
Walter Bender