[Sugar-devel] Appearance Customization

Tabitha Roder tabitha at tabitha.net.nz
Sun Nov 7 16:08:45 EST 2010

>  Re memory usage - we already go through the "please don't open too many
> activities" routine all the time

How come my Android phone is okay with running everything at once? What does
it do that means I don't run out of memory? Can we do that to Sugar?
Apparently the phone is killing apps when it needs to but when you restart
the application it picks up where it left off (I might be repeating
something already discussed on this list?).
Back in the old days, Sugar showed you how many activities were running in
the home view, that might have been more obvious to kids that they were
overloading their laptops.
Would it be possible to have a message pop up that says "you are running out
of memory, which activity would you like to close" or similar so they are
alerted to running too much stuff.
Thanks
Tabitha