[Sugar-devel] Read 86 failed to start in Mirabelle

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Sun May 30 17:37:27 EDT 2010

On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 7:22 PM, samy boutayeb <s.boutayeb at free.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to use the Read activity (version 86) in Mirabelle (either
> running from within Virtualbox & on a USB stick) and got the following
> error: "Failed to start".
>
> However, the same activity (same version) do launch and opens a document
> correctly (e.g. a pdf or a djvu file) on a XO 1.5 with Sugar 0.84.16
> (version 125).

I'm sorry to report this as a known error. We only noticed this very
late in the release cycle and got surprised by this. As it turns out,
this is apparently due to major API changes in gnome-python-evince.
There's a ticket open at bugs.sl.o:
http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/1900

If anybody could help with the porting, I bet Sayamindu would appreciate it.

--Sebastian