[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Pippy shared activity view

Anish Mangal anishmangal2002 at gmail.com
Sun May 23 04:30:49 EDT 2010

Hi,

After this happens, there's no way (inside Pippy) to return to the
file you were working on before.  That's why the treeview's hidden; an
accidental click on a treeview example would be extremely frustrating.

Interesting. It would be worth experimenting with hiding the treeview,
perhaps for all users except the one who initiated the share?

This could probably be useful if a teacher is facilitating a learning
session and can conveniently load examples for everyone to work upon.
However, I'm probably not the best person to comment on this, since I
have little idea how pippy is actually used in a shared learning
environment.

Anyway, I have uploaded an experimental Pippy version [1] with this
feature incorporated (including Walter's suggestion). Feel free to
test-drive and give feedback on this.

[1] http://people.sugarlabs.org/~anish/activities/pippy/Pippy-36-experimental.xo

Best Regards,
Anish Mangal -- anish at sugarlabs.org